Saturday, November 19, 2011

Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes


When it comes to cake, especially little cakes, Little Debbie always seems to be the first release of the season.  Back in September, the Fall Tree Cakes were one of my first topics of discussion for the Halloween Holidaze season.  Continuing with their tradition, Little Debbie has, once again, released their Christmas Tree Cakes and, believe it or not, I found these at Wal-Mart on October 29th.  Talk about early!


I'm loving the box.  It's very similar to the Fall Tree Cake box, but obviously a lot better.  Even though Christmas Tree's are traditionally green, I like the fact that these Tree Cakes are white.  They stand out so much more, especially against the red background.  Plus, what's better?  We have Santa Claus on the box!  In a day and age where so many production companies attempt to avoid being holiday specific, Little Debbie defies their logic.  This screams Christmas and it's why I love it so much.


When it comes to box art, I'm a big fan of the small things.  As with all holidays, it's the little things that stand out and leave the biggest impact.  In this case, look at what Santa is leaving under the Christmas Tree this year.  Yep, for all the good boys and girls, Santa is bringing you a box of Little Debbie Honey Buns!  I just think that's awesome.  I like the fact that somebody, somewhere, thought "Oh man, I'm gonna have Santa hold our own products!"  It's genius!  Now, if only we knew what was in the other box.  He wrapped that one for a reason and we may never know why.  Not knowing what else Santa has for us will have me up all night.


In person, the Christmas Tree Cake is exactly as pictured on the box.  Sometimes, you'll open up a box like this, and the cake will barley resemble the advertisement.  I guess that can be said for many products, but not this one.  This Christmas Tree Cake looks as if I took it right off the box.  There are no surprises and every one of them can be used as their own decoration.


As I've said in the past, I'm really not too fond of cake.  I've purchased a few varieties over the past three months for Holidaze purposes but, regularly, I'd avoid cake.  But, I gotta tell ya, these are really good.  Just like the Fall Tree Cakes, I could eat these all day.  I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that I instantly associate this cake with Christmas, but overall, they taste great.  I have to give it up to Little Debbie.  They are, once again, the first to release Christmas themed products and, at the same time, were able to maintain flavor.  For that reason alone, you should go out an pick these up.  Trust me, if I'm suggesting cake, then it's gotta be pretty good!


If I haven't convinced you to go out and buy the Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes yet, then I doubt the back of the box is going to push you over the edge.  However, you know I have to show you these cool gift tags.  See, Little Debbie didn't have to do anything else.  They could have given us that Honey Bun Santa and called it a day, but they went the extra mile and gave us five gift tags to celebrate the season.  They all feature snow people who are more than happy to get the 15-minutes of fame.  I assume Little Debbie wants us to tag these to the Christmas Tree Cakes, but I'm definitely not going to do that.  But that's a great idea for kids who bring things into school for Christmas parties or those who want to give really crappy gifts.  That's up to you.  As for me, these probably won't be used, but I appreciate the effort, anyway.  Great job, Little Deb!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure that looks like a box of publix chicken in his other hand

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...