Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Halloween Donuts


I first went to Salem, MA with my Family in 1999.  It was an amazing trip that led the way for many more, but one of the most significant memories I have are just how many Dunkin' Donuts franchises there were in Massachusetts.  Sure, there are more than enough in NJ, but it felt as though you couldn't walk a single block without finding multiple Dunkin' Donuts stores.  I think we really started to realize just how many there were when we forgot where we parked.  We all said "we were definitely next to a Dunkin' Donuts."  Yeah, that little bit of information did us no good.

However, since that time, I can't go a Halloween season without their Halloween Donuts.  I've seen variations of style over the years, but there is only one that matters to me.  There is only one Dunkin' Donut I need to make the Halloween season a success..


This 1/2 dozen box of beauty is all I need.  You can have your spider-webbed-cream-filled, you can have your chocolate frosted with orange sprinkles, and you can have your little munchkins, but I'm taking the orange frosted donuts!  Just look at them!


The orange color is perfect for Halloween, but this year, they seem to be better fit for Fall than Halloween.  In the past, I remember seeing purple sprinkles and more defined pumpkins.  This year, there are far too many red, yellow, and brown sprinkles.  But I can live with them.  The most important aspect is the icing and that is, as always, awesome.  No, it doesn't taste any different than the vanilla frosted, but white donuts don't represent Halloween in any way whatsoever.  If you want celebrate the spooky season, you need a spooky donut and it needs to be orange.  Until I see green, purple, gray or black frosted, this is the best you can find at Dunkin' Donuts.  But of course, now I'm imaging what those other colors would look like and I'm mad they don't make 'em.  These need to be done!



Imagine walking into Dunkin' Donuts on October 31st and finding that assortment?? Whoa, Make it happen, DD!

As Jay-Z would say, on to the next one..


Of course, you don't have to depend on Dunkin' Donuts alone for your Halloween Donuts.  Oh no, Entenmann's has also dressed their classic assortment of rich frosted donuts in their Halloween attire!  The box claims that they're new, but I'm not so sure so I won't argue with them.  I know I've seen Entenmann's Halloween Donuts before, but I can't remember what they looked like.  Actually, come to think of it, I may be thinking of their orange candy corn cupcakes.  Whatever, either way, here are horrifically delicious Halloween donuts!


I don't go out of my way to eat Entenmann's donuts, but I enjoy them enough to grab a few when they're present at family parties.  However, these donuts seem to be different than the usual release.  The awesome colors are one thing, but the flavor is something else.  It may just be me, but I swear these chocolate donuts actually taste orangey.  That's not a word, but who cares?  I'm excited over the fact that these things have the perfect hint of Halloween orange that I made up my own word to better suit my description.  Did Entenmann's artificially flavor their sprinkles to make their classic assortment even better?  I'm gonna have to say they did, because my taste buds rarely lie to me.  That takes these donuts to an all new level.  I can't get enough of them.  They're amazing.


Most would probably say it's pretty pathetic how happy a grown man gets over Halloween donuts, and they'd be right, but I just can't help myself.  For so many countless reasons, I absolutely love this season and Entenmann's has just given me another to add to my list.  I named my blog the Holidaze in appreciation for everything that puts me in a "daze" during the Holidays and these donuts are perfect example of what I'm talking about.  Immerse yourself in the Halloween season and enjoy the little things offered to you only once every year.  With only 12 days before this season comes to an end, you owe it to yourself to embrace Halloween and get as much out of it as you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...