Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Are You Afraid of the Dark Returns!

If you grew up in the 90s, then you should already be well aware of Nickelodeon's "The 90s Are All That" block on TeenNick.  If you're not, then you're surely missing out on classic entertainment.  Since the return of the 90s, we've already seen All That, Kenan and Kel, Clarissa Explains it All, Doug, Hey Arnold, and Rocko's Modern Life come back to life.  But, what I've been waiting for most is about to strike and, as expected, Nick chose the most fitting time of year.  This Friday, we once again join the Midnight Society for the return of Are You Afraid of the Dark?


Who can forget Zeebo the Clown?  I know I can't, no matter how hard I try.  He, along with the countless characters like him, are etched into my memory forever.  When I was a kid, my cousins and I used to throw Snick Parties every Saturday night.  We'd lay a blanket out on the floor, surround ourselves with as much candy as chips as people would buy for us, and get ready for the scariest half-hour of the week!  My family and I still talk about those times to this day because they were just way too much fun.  My oldest cousin is now married with a baby boy, but I'd be willing to bet she'd be interested in bringing him to an Are You Afraid of the Dark party.  The torch must now be passed on to the next generation!


If you're as excited as I am for this monumental occasion, then you're most likely smiling like the Ghastly Grinner.  Remember him?  His evil powers had you giggling like a maniac.  I'm sure, like those powers, Are You Afraid of the Dark will come off pretty cheesy this weekend.  The acting was horrible and the lines were corny, but who can say that those stories weren't scary?  The 13th Floor? The Nightly Neighbors who kept blood on ice?  The Fire Ghost?  I could go on and on!  These are classic episodes from, what I consider, a legendary series!

According to TeenNick, the Are You Afraid of the Dark marathon begins 10/28 at Midnight and will last through Halloween.  In addition, you can also vote for your favorite Halloween episodes from other classic 90s series' at http://www.the90sareallthat.com/Doug and Salute Your Shorts already have my votes.  I mean, Are You Afraid of the Dark and Zeke the Plumber all in one weekend?  Especially after I just mentioned good ol' Zeke last night?  It's all just shaping up to be an epic Halloweekend.

If you're not already pumped up enough, then go back in time by listening to the opening and closing themes.  I still get chills

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...